Chattopadhyay, S., Bhattacherjee, S., Bandyopadhyay, S., Sengupta, A. and Bhaumik, S., 2018, March. Control of single-segment continuum robots: reinforcement learning vs. neural network based PID. In 2018 International Conference on Control, Power, Communication and Computing Technologies (ICCPCCT) (pp. 222-226). IEEE.
Ph.D. in Control Theory, IIT Delhi, CGPA - 10/10 ,2025 (expected)
Dual Degree B.Tech. - M.Tech. in Electrical Engineering, IIEST Shibpur, CGPA - 9.46/10 ,2020
- Winter 2017: Research Assistant
- IIEST Shibpur
- Supervisor: Prof. Aparajita Sengupta, Department of Electrical Engineering
- Applied Reinforcement Learning Control Algorithms to control a Hardware Continuum Robot (Soft Robot) via MATLAB. The original system was a complex system owing to its High DoF. My controller optimally controlled the system with better performance than the methods in the literature.
- Summer 2018: Research Assistant
- Jadavpur University
- Supervisor: Prof. Ranjit Kumar Barai, Department of Electrical Engineering
- Fabricated an Intelligent Landmark Recognition Mobile Robot with all associated driver circuits along-with controller software written on Raspberry Pi
- Implemented a Fuzzy-Proportional Integral Controller from scratch in Python for the Raspberry Pi Platform to detect and navigate towards objects of interest. The resulting controller effectively migrated towards placards placed in a room and showed robust performance with respect to camera noise.
- Programming Languages
Performance Analysis of Deep Q Networks and Advantage Actor Critic Algorithms in Designing Reinforcement Learning-based Self-tuning PID Controllers
Mukhopadhyay, R., Bandyopadhyay, S., Sutradhar, A. and Chattopadhyay, P., 2019, July. Performance Analysis of Deep Q Networks and Advantage Actor Critic Algorithms in Designing Reinforcement Learning-based Self-tuning PID Controllers. In 2019 IEEE Bombay Section Signature Conference (IBSSC) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
Awards and Fellowships
- Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (May 2021)
- Awarded “Recommendation with Commendation” in PMRF Annual Review, towards the research performed in April 2021-May 2022; one of only 10 people nation-wide for the Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering broad-area Link.
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Elsevier
- American Control Conference, IEEE
- Conference on Decision and Control, IEEE
- International Journal of Control, Taylor & Francis
- Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, IEEE
- Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE
- Automatica, Elsevier
- Student Volunteer for IEEE CDC 2021, Austin, TX, USA
Positions of Responsibility
- Mentored Under-Graduate Students for their Summer Research Internships (Summer 2019)